The Networking Session took place within the framework of the ICT2018: lmagine Digital – Connect Europe, organized by the European Commission and the Austrian presidency. The session provided the opportunity to establish a closer rapprochement and to explore potential synergies and projects of common interest in the fields of cultural heritage conservation and digitization.
The overall objective intends to account for China’s “soft power” strategy and Europe’s multicultural identity and scope that puts the role of culture in the spotlight. The whole session focused on the discussion on various standards, techniques and solutions in the field of digital heritage and cultural expression which are used in East and West. Know how transfer and adaptation of common means in this aspect are crucial as to make Sino-European Culture exchange possible and effective. Research projects and best practices exchange will be beneficial for both parts.
- Professor Andreas Georgopoulos, National Technical University Athens
- Antonella Fresa, CEO Promoter S.r.l.
- Milena Popova, Business Development Manager, Europeana
- Xiaoming Zhang, Deputy Director of the China National Center for Culture Studies (CASS)
- Chris Vastenhoud, Project Coordinator at Royal Museums for Art and History, Belgium
- Konstantinos Konstantinidis, CEO PostScriptum.